Sunday, April 24, 2011

My Lovely Saturday: April 23, 2011

Today is so lovely!

I joined HASH (after a long time I don't get involved) again... Well, it was great... I missed running in the long track, drinking some 'beers' after finish (not really beers, it's just soft drink w/ 0% alcohol. They have the 'real' beers though) and conquering the long track while chatting with some friends on the way.
Well, Semarang House Hash Harriers comprise of some expatriates and local people.

Today, the site was in Gedawang, Mega Bukit Mas. It's still being developed to be a residential area. Yet, some of the areas are still 'virgin'.
Well. virgin here doesn't mean 'it's never touched' but it is still natural as it is.

I enjoyed every moment there. I love to see the views. It's great to meet the local people there, practicing my Javanese (that actually I'm not really good in it). I feel excited to walk on the rice fields, cross the small river and try to find the track by seeing the shredded paper left by the Hare.
We walked and ran up and down the hills. It was awesome. Anita, Emma and I were there together.
I was happy to see my shoes covered up with the mud. Haha...

Something that I learned from this long track walking is that actually, I did not really know how long the distance was in the beginning (it's actually 6 km (only).). So, I walked and ran just following the shredded paper without knowing where and when I could get back to the beginning point. It's just like my life. I don't really know where and when I will find my last point but I just do my best to finish each track of my life...

I was walking and walking, running and running, up and down the hills. My goal was just to finish the track and that's it. I should conquer that long track! (even though this was the first time for me to exercise after a long break due to nephrotic syndrome). I was afraid if I couldn't finish the long track as it's quite steep when we were going up and slippery when going down.

But yes, I finished that! haha...
I was left behind (4th from the last) but i did enjoy that...
It left me with a few scratches on my legs as it was because of my stupidity to wear shorts! I stepped on many thorny plants and they scratched me.. Ho ho ho.. I love to be sweaty as well. It's been a long time I don't do this kind of activity.  I feel fresher!

To continue what I wrote last time about "Sneakers vs Stilettos".... This is it! I love to be with my sneakers in this kind of occasion rather than with my stilettos in a party that I should disguise myself, my feeling and really think about 'manner'. Here, I can run and walk and shout and scream and shut up and chitchat with my friends. I can sing and take pictures of the natures as well.
I don't hate parties with stilettos, or any occasions that force me to wear my stilettos. But yeah... I found it comfortable to be with sneakers than with stilettos.

So, still, I wanna be with sneakers... They make me more adventurous and I get my own freedom to be myself!
Thanks a bunch to my sneakers!

Can't wait for next week! Let's rock!


Linggayani Soentoro
April 23, 2011



2 comments: